We only recommend products we love and that we think you will, too. We may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which was written by our Commerce team.
by Masha Vapnitchnaia
Among the hundreds of products available to keep accessories neat and tidy, trying to figure out the best ways to store hats can be especially tricky because of how many styles there are. The shapes and sizes of all the hats in your collection will be the biggest influence on which solution will be the best for you. From there, think about where your available storage space is and how much accessibility you need.
How To Determine The Best Ways To Store Your Hats
The most common hat storage products take advantage of vertical space by hanging over a door or on a closet rod. They are a cinch to put up and make it easy to grab what you need, but they are usually designed for baseball-style hats, meaning other styles may not fit or slip off. In those cases, a wall rack or individual hooks may be more suitable, but note that will require installation and may have a low weight threshold.
For extra protection from dust and fading, you can keep hats that you may not need regular access to (such as larger sun hats) tucked away in a container with a lid. A box can prevent crushing, but if you want to be able to easily see what’s inside, a soft-shell bag with a transparent window may be more appealing (and easier to fit into tight spaces). An option that's also collapsible will be convenient for travel.
If you’re a true collector and want to display your hats, you can go with a wireframe wig stand, bendable wall hooks, or a freestanding hat tree — all of which will keep their structure and add dimension to your decor. That said, depending on how many you want to show off, it may not be ideal (price-wise or space-wise) to go this route.
Shop The Best Ways To Store Hats:
In a hurry? Here are 10 of the best ways to store hats:
- This Budget-Friendly Over-The-Door Organizer That Installs In Seconds: Perfect Curve Over-The-Door Cap Organizer (2-Pack)
- These Bendable Hooks That Keep Even The Widest Brimmed Hats From Slipping: YYST Cowboy Hat Rack Holder (4-Pack)
- These Hanging Cubbies That Optimize Vertical Storage Space: Boxy Concepts Hanging Closet Hat Organizer
- A Clear Zippered Organizer That Makes It So Easy To See What’s Inside: Houseables Hat Organizer
- This Classic Wooden Accordion Hat Rack: AMAPON Accordion Style Wooden Rack
- A Collapsible Hat Box That’s Also Great For Travel: Tiure Hat Travel Box
- These Freestanding Wire Holders That Help Hats Retain Their Shape: MyGift Wire Hat Holders (2-Pack)
- A Stylish Wall-Mounted Rack For Hats: Gorgenius Hat Rack
- A Set Of Over-The-Door Rings That Can Store Hats Of Any Size Or Shape: QsQueen Hat Rack
- These Colorful Wall Hooks That Can Be Configured In So Many Ways: SmartHook ColorZ Hooks (3-Pack)
Ready to shop? Find a list of the best hat organizers on Amazon below!
This article was originally published on