Would you like to transform your WordPress location into an app? You can choose from WordPress app plugins that can help you do just that. Statistics show that smart mobile gadgets are now dominating the way we do things online.
Therefore, an intelligent mobile presence is essential today. But having only a smart mobile version of an internet portal at the moment is not enough: people are increasingly using smart mobile apps instead of websites. So now is the time to seriously think about using a WordPress plugin to make a relevant Android and/or iOS app for your website.
In this post, we will dwell on the eight best WordPress app builder plugins that provide 2 different types of apps for your WordPress place:
- Las apps nativas son lo que la mayor parte de la multitud piensa en el momento en que escucha la palabra app. Sus visitantes lo descargan por medio de la tienda de apps en sus gadgets.
- Las apps web progresivas le dejan interaccionar con un visitante en un portal de internet sin disponer su app. Los visitantes aún van a poder añadir estas apps a su interfaz de arranque y usted va a poder activar la función sin conexión y las alertas automáticas.
Before continuing with the list of plugins, it is essential to mention that even the use of remarkable plugins can only be entrusted to a professional. If your location was published by a team of WordPress programmers, it is preferable to entrust the work with plugins to experts as well.
What are the differences between a smart mobile app and a smart mobile internet portal?
Essentially, mobile smart sites are desktop editions of your site that are optimized for use on much smaller screens and touch input methods for mobile smart devices like tablets or phones. In other words, what we call receptive websites. They are accessed through an internet browser, just like you would on a desktop device, and require an internet connection.
On the other hand, smart mobile apps can provide access to the same data and content that is available on the relevant site. But where they stand out is that they can provide added occupancy even when they are not connected to the Internet. A prime example is Google Plus Maps, where the site is completely dependent on an Internet connection, while the smart mobile app lets you download maps for offline viewing, store bookmarks, and more.
Understanding the differences, let's get to know the plugins.
1. AppPresser: native apps for Android and also iOS
AppPresser is one of the most recognized WordPress app building tools. This is how it works: you create your app using the layout of the separate AppPresser app. Then, you connect your actual WordPress location to AppPresser through the REST Application Programming Interface using a free plugin on WordPress.org. This connection allows you to sync your app's data with your WP web page.
AppPresser is much more user friendly than many other plugins you will find. It has particular support for the following plugins:
The plugin also lets you:
- Take pictures with your phone's camera and upload them to WordPress;
- Use geolocation in many cool ways;
- Send automatic alerts;
- Login to WordPress/sign up via the app.
Generally, if you want a much more tailored experience for your individuals, AppPresser is a good option.
2. AppMySite: Progressive Web Apps
AppMySite makes it very easy to make a smart mobile app from a WordPress site in just 4 simple steps. First, register an account and then edit the appearance of the app. When you're happy with how it looks, link the app to your web page via the plugin, after which you can download and upload it to Google Play and the Apple App Store.
The key specifications of AppMySite have inside:
- Extensive selection of app customization options, including the boot interface;
- Import location menus automatically;
- Greatly improved web viewing environment;
- App perspective using built-in Android emulators as well as iOS;
- Demo function to evaluate the app live on a capable phone;
- Add unlimited CMS pages;
- Extensive selection of plugins;
- Capable filter and sorting options;
- Wide and extensive base of understandings and documentation;
- Instant synchronization with your website;
- Simulation at the same instant;
- Customers have the possibility to log in through Google plus, Facebook or mail;
- active app menu;
- Support for multiple payment gateways;
- Integration of communities;
- Unlimited app reviews;
- WooCommerce integration, including cart and checkout;
- Collaborate with 2/3 team members (depending on the package)*;
- Unlimited automatic alerts*;
- monetization options*;
- White-labeled app (that is, without reference to the plugin or creator)*;
- Priority support*.
Items marked with * will only be available at the time the created app is sent to Google plus Play or Apple Application Store through a paid plan.
3. Androidapp: native apps for Android and also iOS
AndroidApp is amazing for producing native apps. And despite the name, you can do it for both Android and iOS. You can choose from multiple app themes and your app can integrate:
- popup alerts;
- Monetization through AdMob or Appnext;
- popular barter;
- Comment support;
- Endless movement.
By tweaking the app, you get a decent proportion of options, including the space to embed your code. However, this plugin does not provide built-in integrations like AppPresser.
4. Super progressive web apps
As you might guess from the name, Super Progressive Web Apps is a good tool to transform your WordPress location into a progressive web app.
Or be quite simple to modify:
- Pick multiple colors;
- Choose a start page;
- Pick an orientation.
If you need much more functionality, 2 free plugins let you add UTM tracking and also provide Apple Touch icons.
5. WPMobile.Application: native apps or progressive web apps
WPMobile.App, previously popular as WPMobile.Ninja, is a plugin that lets you build and refine your app for free before paying to launch it across app stores.
The great thing about this add-on is its cost composition, as the license payments are one-time, giving you coverage for a lifetime instead of recurring licenses every year. The cost of getting your app on Android or iOS devices is $79, and if you want it on both, it's $149.
The low price of this plugin does not mean that it skimps on elements:
- Three app menus: hamburger, floating and navigation bar at the bottom of the screen;
- Automatic app updates when publishing new content on your web portal;
- Cached content for offline input;
- Unlimited automated alerts: Manually or automatically notify customers of new content;
- 12 app usage statistics at the same time, including the number of installations, geographic areas, language, etc.
- Built-in search functionalities;
- Distributing socially;
- As soon as it is enabled, individuals have the ability to read comments and add their own;
- Unlimited downloads and updates;
- Automatic translation of languages.
WPMobile.App today runs well over 6,000 apps and has a very respectable user rating of 4.6/5.0 in the WordPress Plugin Directory.
6. WappPress: native apps for Android and also iOS
The WappPress plugin lets you make apps instantly from anywhere in WordPress. The only problem is that it only creates apps for Android gadgets, but that goes for many other plugins as well.
It is a highly productive solution since the creation of your app is free and you also get fifteen days of validity of the app on Google plus Play. Once the fifteen days expire, you can upgrade to Pro for $22, which gives the app unlimited validity and six months of developer support.
The key features of WappPress have within:
- push alerts;
- Monetization through Google plus AdMob interstitial ads;
- Android app validity of 15 days;
- The app has the ability to have a different theme and home page than the smart mobile place;
- Loadable/customizable launcher icon and boot interface;
- WappPress white label unbranded;
- Create your app in the same instant.
Content is automatically updated and synced with your website content and is also convenient for WooCommerce stores and Amazon affiliate sites.
This plugin gets a user rating of just 3.2/5.0 in the WordPress plugin directory. Don't let that stop you, though, as most of the low scores that dragged the rating down date back multiple years when the app was in its infancy.
Since then, the creator has ironed out the issues that gave rise to these low scores, and subsequent revisions are measurably better.
7. MobiLoud: WordPress App Creation Service
According to the builder, MobiLoud is “an app creation service specially built for WordPress”. It is not cheap, but the service includes:
- App creation;
- Disclose the app in app stores;
- App support.
So if you don't want to dig into the data of transforming a WordPress location into an app, this might be a good option for you. You only pay for peace of mind!
8. Frontity: WordPress Progressive Web Apps Tailored for High-Traffic Websites
Frontity is ultimately not for everyone due to the fact that they only support sites with some minimal amount of traffic. But if you own a large website and want to make a progressive web app from your WordPress, this might be a good option to ask.
We hope that at least among the previously suggested apps it will satisfy your pretensions and hopes.
This product was written by WP Empire.
- Open the App Template. Click on "Create App Now" button or visit AppsGeyser.com to open the Website App template in the "Create" menu section.
- Insert the Website link. Paste your Wordpress website link. ...
- Add Social tabs. ...
- Name your App. ...
- Upload the Icon. ...
- Publish App on App Markets.
Another option for mobile app creation is WPMobile. App. This quality app plugin enables you to convert your WordPress site into an app for Android, iOS, or both. It's easy to use, with configuration and customization options available right in your WordPress dashboard.How many plugins should a WordPress site have? ›
You should install as many WordPress plugins as necessary to run your website and grow your business. On average, its quite common for a business website to have at least 20 – 30 plugins. If you're using WordPress to it's full potential and have many advanced features, then this count can easily go into 50+.Is it legal to edit WordPress plugins? ›
By editing a plugin you aren't violating any considerations with WordPress. It may limit your ability to get support from the Plugin developer, but that will be discussed in a further section. But, generally, there are no legal issues from editing plugins for personal use.How do I turn an existing website into an app? ›
- Code the mobile app yourself (native/hybrid) ...
- Hire a freelancer to build the mobile app (native/hybrid) ...
- Hire an app development agency to create the app (native/hybrid) ...
- Use a DIY app builder to create your app (hybrid) ...
- 5) Convert a website in to apps with MobiLoud (native/hybrid)
- Open App Template. Click on "Create App Now" button or go directly to AppsGeyser.com and choose a Website App template.
- Input Your Site URL. ...
- Customize App Layout. ...
- Add Social Features. ...
- Name Your App. ...
- Choose an Icon. ...
- Publish App on Google Play
AppPresser is the fastest and easiest way to build mobile apps for iOS and Android devices that are powered by your WordPress website. Get your own branded mobile app in the app stores for more doorways to your content.How do I adapt my website to mobile devices WordPress? ›
- Execute a Responsive Mobile Version of Your Website.
- Consider Incorporating Google AMP for WordPress.
- Utilize Mobile-Optimized Plugins.
- Don't use Flash.
- Keep content on mobile and desktop sites the same.
- Simplify on-site graphics.
With WordPress, you can build web apps that offer a native mobile experience. These types of mobile apps are called “progressive web apps” (PWAs). There are several plugins out there that help you transform your website or desktop app into a PWA for mobile.What are your top 5 WordPress plugins? ›
- Elementor – Best Page Builder Plugin.
- WooCommerce – Best WordPress eCommerce Plugin.
- Wordfence – Best WordPress Security Plugin.
- AIOSEO – Best WordPress SEO Plugin.
- WPForms – Best WordPress Form Builder Plugin.
- LiteSpeed Cache – Best WordPress Caching Plugin.
Installing too many plugins heightens the risk of security vulnerabilities. These may lead to data breaches, cyberattacks, or malware infections. If you are unlucky and end up installing a poorly-coded or outdated plugin on your website, it can threaten the integrity of an entire site along with its good plugins.How many plugins are too much for a WordPress site? ›
A good rule of thumb is to never exceed 20 plugins. If your site is hosted on shared or budget cloud hosting, try not to use more than 5 plugins. Only use the plugins that you know you need and update plugins regularly to fix any holes in their security.Can I sell my WordPress plugin? ›
There are two major ways of selling and earn money from your plugins. You can either sell the plugins on your own website, or you can sell the plugins on a third-party marketplace. Both ways have their pros and cons, which we will talk about later on.Will updating WordPress plugins break my site? ›
No, updating WordPress will not break your site. However, it is always a good idea to create a backup of your site before you update. That way, if anything does go wrong, you will have a copy of your site that you can restore.How much does it cost to turn a website into an app? ›
The web app development cost varies depending on the complexity of the project. The average price can go as low as $5,000 for a simple web app and as high as $500,000 for a complex project with a follow-up modification plan.How to create your own app for free? ›
- Go to appypie.com/app-builder/appmaker.
- Click on “Create your app”
- Enter your desired business name and click on Next.
- Pick the category that your business fits best in.
- Choose the color scheme that you love.
- Select the device for your test app.
- Customize the look and feel of your app.
- Open DevTools by pressing F12.
- Click on the “Device Toggle Toolbar” available. ( ...
- Choose a device you want to simulate from the iOS and Android devices list.
- Once the desired device is chosen, it displays the mobile view of the website.
Popular platforms like WordPress.com make it easy, since all of their themes are mobile-friendly (even the free ones). In this article, we'll take a look at what goes into creating mobile responsive websites and why it's important for your business.How do I enable mobile in WordPress? ›
Simply log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to the Appearance » Customize screen. At the bottom of the screen, click the mobile icon. You'll then see a preview of how your site looks on mobile devices.Can you call yourself a web developer if you use WordPress? ›
“WordPress does not require actual coding, so you can't call yourself a coder/developer/programmer.” WordPress is unique in that you don't have to learn how to use code to build a website. Many features allow you to drag and drop your content but also to simply buy a theme and insert your information.
- A backup & security plugin like Jetpack. ...
- A contact form builder like WPForms. ...
- An anti-spam plugin like Akismet. ...
- An SEO plugin like Yoast SEO. ...
- A lead generation plugin like OptinMonster. ...
- A WordPress CRM like Jetpack CRM. ...
- An eCommerce plugin like WooCommerce.
Plugins are the building blocks of your WordPress site. They bring in important functions to your website, whether you need to add contact forms, improve SEO, increase site speed, create an online store, or offer email opt-ins. Whatever you need your website to do can be done with a plugin.Which plugin is best for website? ›
Elementor is one of the most popular WordPress plugins for page building. At its core, Elementor provides a drag-and-drop functionality so users can customize their pages and posts in no time. The plugin also offers more than 100 pre-made page templates to start any type of website.What is the easiest form plugin in WordPress? ›
WPForms is the most beginner-friendly WordPress contact form plugin. We use it on WPBeginner and all of our other websites. WPForms is built by the same team as WPBeginner with a single goal: Make a WordPress forms plugin that's both easy and powerful.Do plugins slow down a website? ›
Since plugins take up a lot of your server's processing power, they end up having a direct impact on your website speed and load-times.Which plugins are slowing down my site? ›
- Contact Form 7.
- Disqus Comment System.
- Broken Link Checker.
- NextGen Gallery.
- Revolution Slider.
- All Social plugins.
There's no reason to keep plugins around if you've decided you're not going to use them. Not only do they clutter up your dashboard, but they can also impact your website in tangible ways, such as: Slowing loading times down due to database bloat. Adding points of vulnerability to your website.Can WordPress handle millions of pages? ›
WordPress can handle virtually unlimited website traffic, depending on your hosting platform and caching setup. The only limit on how much traffic your WordPress website can handle is your hosting platform.Why does my WordPress site keep crashing? ›
Overloading of the server resources caused by a sudden increase in incoming traffic. Too many websites hosted on a shared host. A hack or malware attack on their web servers that could expose all the hosted sites. Accidental deletion or modification of crucial files or folders during server maintenance.What is the max connections limit in WordPress? ›
max_connections is the total number for the server. max_user_connections is the number per user. As you have a different user per Wordpress site, setting max_user_connections = 15 globally will prevent the use of excessive connections on a single Wordpress site.
We found that the average price WordPress users can expect to pay is $138. While this may seem like a lot of money to spend on one plugin, prices for individual plugins can range from as little as $15 to upward of $200.Do plugin developers make money? ›
The main ways to make money as a plugin developer include: Selling commercial WordPress plugins. Offering customization of your plugin. Custom plugin development.How much does WordPress take per sale? ›
We don't charge you any fees or commissions, only the cost of the upgrade plan you buy from us.Do deactivated plugins slow down WordPress? ›
Will WordPress be slowed down by inactive plugins? No, deactivated or inactive WordPress plugins do not cause WordPress slow page load. Let's look at how WordPress operates in the background to better understand that. Each time a user requests a page from your WordPress website, WordPress starts a loading process.Why excessive plugins are not recommended for website development? ›
The more plugins you have, the greater your risk of encountering incompatibilities. Compatibility problems may introduce unusual behavior and security risks, or they may even render your website inaccessible.Do WordPress plugins expire? ›
When a license expires, the plugin will still continue to display your feeds as it did before your license expired, however, you will lose access to certain things: You will no longer receive plugin updates.Can you build an app from WordPress? ›
AppPresser is the fastest and easiest way to build mobile apps for iOS and Android devices that are powered by your WordPress website. Get your own branded mobile app in the app stores for more doorways to your content.Is it possible to build a Web app on WordPress? ›
With WordPress, you can build web apps that offer a native mobile experience. These types of mobile apps are called “progressive web apps” (PWAs). There are several plugins out there that help you transform your website or desktop app into a PWA for mobile.How do I convert my website to Apple app? ›
- Sign up. Create an account for free and start a new blank project. Choose the mobile layout.
- Embed. Click Components and insert the Web Component to display web pages.
- Create. Build new navigation and screens. ...
- Export & Publish. Export binary files for iOS & Android and publish to the app stores.
- 1 – Install WordPress. ...
- 2 – Install WpForm plugin. ...
- 3 – Configure wpform plugin. ...
- 4 – Install push notifications plugin. ...
- 5 – Create a manifest. ...
- 6 – Create a service workers file. ...
- 7 – Testing with Lighthouse. ...
- 8 – Deploy.
AppPresser allows you to use a WordPress site as an app, including access to device features such as the camera, contacts, and more. This plugin is not an app-creator in itself, it helps connect your app to WordPress. You must create an app with our app builder, then install this plugin on your WordPress site.What is the best app plugin for WordPress Web App? ›
If you are serious about converting your WordPress site into an app, we recommend using AppPresser or Mobiloud. Both of these plugins are easy to set up and can help you submit your mobile app to popular app stores. Doing this will also increase your reach and bring more traffic to your WordPress site.How to develop your own app? ›
- Establish a development team. Developing an app has become easier with the help of various software programs and online tools such as app builders. ...
- Conduct competitive research. ...
- Outline core features. ...
- Create mockups. ...
- Plan great app security. ...
- Begin coding. ...
- Gather and implement user feedback. ...
- Launch in the app store.
- On the left, click Web apps .
- At the bottom, click Add .
- Add a title for your web app as you want it to appear on managed Google Play.
- Enter an HTTPS or HTTP URL for your web app.
- Choose a display mode: ...
- Click Upload an icon.
- Select your icon and click Upload. ...
- At the bottom, click Create.
In common with most other WordPress to Android app plugins, Appilix is free for development purposes only, and you have to buy a subscription to set it live on Google Play.How do I create a web API in WordPress? ›
- Step 1: Familiarize Yourself With the Key Concepts of REST API. ...
- Step 2: Get To Know the Most Useful REST API Endpoints. ...
- Step 3: Learn the Basics of REST API Authentication. ...
- Step 4: Select Your First WordPress Post With the REST API.